Is your baby having trouble sleeping? Try these practical tips
If you have a newborn at home, you’ve no doubt wondered how to establish habits and routines to get your baby to sleep through the night. We’d like to share a few simple tricks to help you.
- A calm, warm atmosphere will make it easier for your baby to fall asleep.
- A bath can help some babies relax. Try it with your newborn, and if it works, make it a regular part of your bedtime routine.
- Eliminate distractions: turn off all TVs, players and lights.
- Before bedtime, check your baby’s diapers to make sure they’re clean and dry.
- Make sure to burp your baby before putting him or her to bed.
- You can help your baby relax before bedtime with a gentle massage on his or her back, tummy, arms and legs.
- There are products with natural extracts, such as chamomile, that can help your baby relax completely before going to sleep.